Products You May Like
After being announced back in August, Nightdive Studios and Lucasfilm Games have today revealed that Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster will be blasting its way onto Switch next year on 28th February 2024.
Originally released on MS-DOS and Apple Macintosh in 1995, this remaster will see you taking on the role of Kyle Katarn, a member of the Rebel Alliance who infiltrates the Galactic Empire and discovers a sinister secret operation that will boost the Empire’s power. It’s classic Star Wars good vs. evil, right vs. wrong, with some retro FPS vibes to boot.
Nightdive Studios has stated that the remaster will run on “modern consoles” with “up to 4K resolution at 120FPS” though the Switch is not included in this specification so we’ll have to wait a little longer to find out how slick that space shooting is on the go. For some more information on the game’s features and a look at a handful of screenshots, check out the following:
Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster Key Features:
– Engaging first-person ground combat featuring ten weapons and twenty types of enemies
– Up to 4K 120FPS visuals on PC, PlayStation 4|5, and Xbox One and Series X|S
– Advanced 3D rendering enables realistic lighting and atmospheric effects
– Modern gamepad support adds a new weapon wheel, rumble, and motion/gyro controls
– Trophies and Achievements on Windows PC via Steam, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles
We are going to have to wait for a few more months before we can get our hands on this one, but we’re looking forward to finding out exactly what the Switch version will have in store.
Will you be picking up this Dark Forces remaster? Use the Force in the comments below.