Products You May Like
Sony decided to share more details about its next console, including a release date, through an article in Wired and a post on the PlayStation blog. Instead of a flashy presentation with a visual of the console, the company decided on an announcement for the PlayStation 5 that’s decidedly more low-key. Here’s everything we learned.
- Confirmation that the next PlayStation will be called (of course) PlayStation 5
- PlayStation 5 will release Holiday 2020, as expected
- The console will use a Solid State Drive (SSD) and can play 4K Blu-rays
- A new user interface will show more game options, including details about multiplayer matches
- The new controller, the DualShock 5, will have a speaker, adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, and improved rumble. The features are designed to deepen immersion. The controller will charge via USB-C cables
- Bluepoint Games, a developer known for superb remakes like Shadow of the Collosus, is working on a big project for the PlayStation 5